CHANNIDAE > Powitanie

Hi from France

(1/10) > >>

xHuskx:
Hi guys,

My name is Cedric, i live in France and i've just discovered your forum while i was doing researchs on Channas.

I have a spare tank for my future Channa, it is a covered tank from Eheim, 130x55x55cm.
I'm currently hesitating between a group of dwarf species in order to have a pair at the end or a solo medium size Channa.

Most of the time i read that having a pair and breeding is the most interesting part of keeping channas. But in the case of breeding you have to find new owners for all the babies and that is what worrying me. I know there is some channa addict in France, but it may be a challenge at each breeding...

I hope you will be able to help me of at least to give your advice on my project

Here is the tank with a temporary set up and missing rocks at the moment.

Thanks in advance

And sorry for speaking english, the only polish word i know are for keeping a dog ^^

Peterek:
Welcome Cedric on our forum ;D
I know that in France are some channa keepers.
One of them used to keep even channa argus.
I just forgot his name.

Your setup looks good mate :)
With rocks,sand and more hidden places it will be a nice home for snakeheads.

You asking about a species for you.
So the most important question is what kind of temperature you can keep in your tank?
As you maybe know there are subtropical and tropical species.
The best option is to buy a group of 6-8 young snakeheads and let them do the rest.

What kind of species you can get in France?

xHuskx:
Hi Peterek,

Indeed there are channa keepers. One of them was quite well known in the hobby, he passed away few years ago. He had a website called Base channa.
Of course there are still other channa keepers, but it's kind of difficult to talk with them. Facebook has killed the good old forums, it is more difficult to exchange...

Rocks are planned in my set up and plants of course, cause i love them.

I am aware for the sub/tropical species yes. The tank is in a moderate tempered room so without heater the temperature should be around 17°C - 18°C. Not less.

In France you can find most of the species online. The fish come from Aquarium Glaser.
For exemple: https://www.aquaterra-diffusion.fr/?product_cat=&s=channa&post_type=product

You can also find them sometimes from private seller.

Peterek:

--- Cytat: xHuskx w 30 Października 2021, 16:10 ---One of them was quite well known in the hobby, he passed away few years ago. He had a website called Base channa.

--- Koniec cytatu ---

Yeah I remember him. I spoke to him as well. I think his name was Eric.
Sadly he passsed away :(
On his website were photos of mine some snakeheads.

--- Cytat: xHuskx w 30 Października 2021, 16:10 ---Rocks are planned in my set up and plants of course, cause i love them.

--- Koniec cytatu ---

Sounds great :)

--- Cytat: xHuskx w 30 Października 2021, 16:10 ---I am aware for the sub/tropical species yes. The tank is in a moderate tempered room so without heater the temperature should be around 17°C - 18°C. Not less.

--- Koniec cytatu ---

For some subtropical species this temperature is fine.
For others needs to be lower.
Do you prefer keep tropical or subtropical snakeheads?

--- Cytat: xHuskx w 30 Października 2021, 16:10 ---In France you can find most of the species online. The fish come from Aquarium Glaser.
For exemple: https://www.aquaterra-diffusion.fr/?product_cat=&s=channa&post_type=product

--- Koniec cytatu ---

Very well know online shop.

--- Cytat: xHuskx w 30 Października 2021, 16:10 ---You can also find them sometimes from private seller.

--- Koniec cytatu ---

And what do they have?

xHuskx:
Yes Eric, known as xrank on Youtube.

To be honest i don't have any preference between subtropical or Tropical, i am fine to adapt my set up to the spécies  ;)

Since i am looking for Channa i check classified ad, i often see Asiatica, Gachua or Pulchra fry.
Sometimes adult Andrao

I may have a contact for Gachua Blue Bengal or Harcoubutleri

Nawigacja

[0] Indeks wiadomości

[#] Następna strona

Idź do wersji pełnej